Now a day diabetes is a common issues found. According to a research there are approx 3.5 million people only in US & UK who are diagnosed with diabetes.
What is Diabetes?
Actually Diabetes is a condition in which amount of glucose present in your body (blood) is too high, because your body can not consume it. It happens when your pancreas produce less amount of insulin, as Insulin help glucose to enter cell’s body which is used as fuel. i.e, Your body can not properly use the glucose which are being produces by the liver.
There are two types of Diabetes:-
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
What is Type 1 Diabetes?
When your body produce the glucose but they are not being consumed by the cell as fuel because there is not enough insulin to unlock the cell. The diabetes type 1 usually occur in 10% of the adult. Type one diabetes can be cured by taking insulin via injection or pump. Type 1 diabetes can develop at any age but found in the age group before 40 years.
What is type 2 diabetes?
In case of type 2 diabetes there is not enough insulin OR there is insulin but not working properly. This type 2 diabetes occur in mostly 80 to 90% of people.
what is diabetes mellitus?
It is defined as “the commonest form of diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin, which results in a failure to metabolize sugars and starch. Sugars accumulate in the blood and urine, and the by-products of alternative fat metabolism disturb the acid–base balance of the blood, causing a risk of convulsions and coma.”
What causes diabetes ?
- type 1 diabetes causes:- It occurs when your body is no longer makes insulin because body’s own immune system destroy the cells which makes insulin.
- type 2 diabetes causes:- It occurs when your body is producing the insulin but it is not enough OR cells are not able to make use of it.
What are the symptoms and signs of diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
- Increased hunger
- Weight loss
- Lack of interest and concentration
- A tingling sensation or numbness in the hands or feet
- Blurred vision
- Frequent infections
- Slow-healing wounds
- Vomiting and stomach pain (often mistaken as the flu)
Tips for diabetes treatment :-
Diabetes is a serious threat to the health. The treatment of diabetes require a close watch over the blood sugar. The blood sugar can be controlled by maintaining the diet. You can plan a healthy diet to avoid high blood sugar. You can take insulin if prescribed by your your doctors.
Insulin comes in four types:
- Rapid-acting (taking effect within a few minutes and lasting 2-4 hours)
- Regular or short-acting (taking effect within 30 minutes and lasting 3-6 hours)
- Intermediate-acting (taking effect in 2-4 hours and lasting up to 18 hours)
- Long-acting (taking effect in 6-10 hours and lasting beyond 24 hours)