Manuka Honey is produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the Manuka Bush. Manuka honey is one of the best & Unique form of honey in the world. There are thousands of other types of honey are present into the market with different brands but Manuka Honey benefits are unique. Manuka Honey are important as it cures digestive illness, weight loss & skin treatment. Historically Honey have medicinal purpose in vedic traditions OR ancient greek methodology & the treditions are being followed since time.
- Raw or pasteurized
- Filtered or unfiltered
- Comb (with the edible beeswax inside) liquid, or whipped
- Local or imported
Nutritional facts about Manuka Honey
Manuka honey have high nutritional value and is also used in immune boosting abilities. The benifits of Manuka honey increases as it is also used in different disease treatments. The Manuka Honey have 4 times high nutritional values than a normal flower honey. This value is called Unique manuka Factor
- Amino acids
- B vitamins (B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid)
What is UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) ?
Unique Manuka Factor (UMF) is the global standard in identifying & measuring the antibacterial strength of Manuka. It guarantees that the honey being sold is of medicinal quality. UMF is not found in the nectar of all Manuka flowers and, comparatively speaking, regular Manuka only contains the hydrogen peroxide antibacterial property that is common to most types of honey.
How to recognize Genuine Manuka Honey :-
The brand of Manuka Honey is not considered beneficiary unless it carries UMF 10+ level of antibacterial activities. The Honey UMF ranging from UMF10 to UMF 15 is useful level of using Manuka Honey whereas UMF 16 & up is considered as superior quality.
Standard Manuka Honey have following things:-
- It will have a UMF trademark clearly labeled on the front of the container.
- It will be from a New Zealand UMF licensed company and labelled in New Zealand.
- It will have the UMF company’s name and license number on the label.
- It will have a UMF rating number of 5-16+. If it is labeled without the UMF or without a number, then it is not the genuine article. (Source)
What UMF range of Manuka Honey you should Use:-
- 0-4 Non-therapeutic
- 4-9 Maintenance level with general honey health benefits
- 10-14 Supports natural healing and bacterial balance
- 15+ Superior levels of phenols that are highly therapeutic but shouldn’t exceed taking 1 tbsp at a time
Manuka Honey Benefits:-
Manuka honey health benefits is being followed since past years and civilizations. here are some benefits of the manuka honey :-
1. Manuka honey for eczema:- Manuka honey have antibacterial & antimicrobial & healing properties. It makes it more effective on the Acne & Eczema. Most people claim that applying Manuka Honey for a few minutes daily & washing it with soap gives good result to remove Acne & Eczema.
2. Manuka honey for stomach ulcers:- In stomach the growth of bacteria, leads to digestive imbalance. According to a research taking Manuka Honey regularly is beneficial to reduce the Acid reflux & balancing the Digestive Enzymes.
3. Manuka honey for wound healing:- According to a research published in “Jundishapur Journal of Natural Pharmaceutical Products”. “The use of honey leads to improved wound healing in acute cases, pain relief in burn patients and decreased inflammatory response in such patients. The Manuka Honey have anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. These properties of Manuka honey makes it more effective in the cure of wounds & improve healing power.
4. Manuka honey for sore throats :- An Interesting fact came into picture in 2007 that ” Manuka Honey Stimulate immune cells via TLR4 (Source) . Manuka Honey stops the growth of sore throats, causing strep bacteria. This also heal inflammation in the throat from chemotherapy.
5. Manuka Honey for skincare :- Using Manuka honey for beauty treatment is best option for the you. you can use it in your face-wash, shampoo to fight with dandruff, radical free skins, shiny hairs etc.
Manuka honey side effects:-
If you are allergic to the bee then you should use Manuka Honey with caution. In case it you are getting adverse effect of Manuka Honey then contact with dietitian Or Doctors.
How to use Manuka Honey:-
For best & beneficial experience of Manuka Honey you should take approx 1-2 tablespoons of it. If you want a flavor with it the try it with tea, yogurt, or by spreading it over the sprouted grains.
If you want to increase the immune system then take Manuka Honey with cinnamon. This will enhance the immune system. As cinnamon have antimicrobial properties which make this combination much powerful.