What is cancer?
cancer is a divided into class of disease. It is characterized by cell growth which are out of control if not taken care. In case of cancer it forms a lump OR masses of tissue which is called tumors. The cancer tumor is formed by the altered cell division which is uncontrollable.
The tumor which forms can interfere in the nervous, digestive and circulatory systems they can release hormones that alter body function also.
According to cancer society of america Cancer is the second most common cause of death in the US. About 1 out of every 4 death are caused due to cancer. The World Health Organisation estimates that, worldwide, there were 4 million new cancer cases and 8.2 million cancer-related deaths in 2012
Types of cancer:-
Till now there are 200 types of cancer are found But we can not mention all. Here are the list of top 20 types of cancer which commonly found in cancer patients.
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Bowel Cancer
- Mouth Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
We will update about each cancer mentioned above one by one. But you can see more about How cancer spread, cancer symptoms and its treatment mentioned below.
How cancer actually spread:-
This is a question over which scientists are working & most probably they are at verge of finding the main cause of cancer spread. According to Nature communication report published in October 2012 “the cancer cells have something to do with “ADHESION” i.e, stickiness.
Certain molecular interactions between cells and the scaffolding that holds them in place cause them to become unstuck at the original tumor site, they become dislodged, move on and then reattach themselves at a new site. As per the scientist of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) if we are able to stop the cancer cells from sticking to the news site the we can be able to stop the cancer from spreading.
How is cancer caused?
The common cell which are present into our body have certain lifetime. They are programmed like growth, division, and death. When this process breaks down then the cancer starts growing. Unlike regular cells, cancer cells do not experience programmatic death and instead continue to grow and divide. This leads to a mass of abnormal cells that grows out of control.
Symptoms of cancer:-
The symptom of cancer is not specific, it depends on the place of cancer origin and the location where it spread.
- In case of testicle OR Breast cancer the cancer can be seen and felt, this can be indicator to the cancer .
- In case of skin cancer a change in wart OR mole can be seen easily.
- In case of mouth cancer patches inside the mouth or white spots on the tongue.
- In case of brain cancer tumors tend to present symptoms early in the disease as they affect important cognitive functions AND patients may experience vertigo, headaches, or seizures..
- In case of pancreas cancer there are usually too small to cause symptoms until they cause pain by pushing against nearby nerves or interfere with liver function to cause a yellowing of the skin and eyes called jaundice.
- As cancer cells use the body’s energy and interfere with normal hormone function, it is possible to present symptoms such as fever, fatigue, excessive sweating, anemia, and unexplained weight loss.
Diagnosis of cancer:-
The detection of cancer can help in cure at large scale. There are many techniques used diagnose the cancer. some of the them are mentioned below.
- Imaging technique to detect the cancer tumor location. It includes X-Ray, CT-Scan, MRI-Scan, PET-Scan, Ultrasound Scan & some time endoscopy is done to check the tumor closely.
- The absolute way to diagnose the cancer is by looking via microscope. This procedure is called biopsy.
- After a diagnosis is made, doctors find out how far the cancer has spread and determine the stage of the cancer.
Treatment and procedure of Cancer:-
The treatment of cancer depends on the type of cancer, stage of cancer, age, health status and personal characters. Below mentioned are 3 common methods of cancer treatment.
- Surgery:- It is the oldest known method for the removal of cancer. This treatment method can often be seen in case of Breast cancer, prostates.
- Radiation:- This cancer treatment is called radiotherapy. In this radiation treatment the energy rays are concentrated on the cancer cells. It usages gamma rays radiated from metal like radium.
- Chemotherapy:- This treatment process usages the chemical process which acts as chemical interface with cell division process. It damages the DNA so that the cancer cells commit suicide.